There is nothing quite like a handcrafted bar of good old-fashioned soap!
No chemical preservatives, detergent-free, and made with all sorts of goodies that your skin will love!
- Various skin-loving oils, such as olive, avocado, rice bran, coconut, jojoba, sunflower, grapeseed, meadowfoam, sweet almond, canola, and castor oils
- Various milks such as buttermilk, goats milk, and coconut milk
- Butters like cocoa, avocado, shea, mango, and coffee
- Potentially beneficial liquids like organic teas, beer, wine, coffee, pure water, or cider
- Natural ingredients that add a natural color or scent like essential oils, clays (such as bentonite or kaolin), pure salts (like Pink Himalayan, Black Hawaiian, or Dead Sea salts), dried citrus peel or various herbs, carrot or pumpkin purees, natural micas and oxides, or coffee grounds
Tailored Touches' handcrafted artisan soaps do not contain any of the preservatives or detergents that are often loaded into store-bought "beauty bars." Did you notice that we called the store-bought variety a "beauty bar"? That's because it isn't even SOAP! Unless you see the word "soap" on the label, more times than not, it is a detergent-based cleansing bar that can strip your skin of natural oils and cause drying. Plus they are loaded with preservatives that can be harmful.
Does real "soap" need any special care?
A bar of handcrafted soap that is loaded with good-for-you ingredients can last as long as the store-bought variety with a little extra care. These bars of soap just need to dry thoroughly between uses. That's it! In many showers, the soap dish doesn't drain well. So when caring for your handcrafted beauty, place it on a draining soap dish or stand it on end, so that as much air can flow around it as possible. You can buy a wooden slatted soap dish that drains well, or use a shower caddy rack that has an open style.